‘Our Offshore Renewable Energy Opportunity – Is Ireland Ready?’
The National Maritime College of Ireland (NMCI) will host a hybrid conference/webinar on Friday 4 March 2022 entitled ‘Our Offshore Renewable Energy Opportunity – Is Ireland Ready?’.
The conference, sponsored by Simply Blue Group, will bring together representatives from across Ireland’s maritime and supply chain workforce to explore their preparedness to the Offshore renewables’ opportunity.
Key Takeaways from the conference:
- Ireland must build and sustain an agile maritime workforce to meet the skills needs for a zero-carbon economy.
- The offshore renewable energy industry and Ireland’s fishing Industry must work together.
- The offshore renewable energy industry, Ireland’s environmental network and relevant national institutions must work towards solving the biodiversity crisis in concert with the climate and energy security crises.
- A cross-Government approach to this maritime based economic opportunity is essential.
- In particular, Ireland should prioritise investment in building a supply chain.
- Ensure that Ireland’s fishing industry is enabled to thrive to sustainably as a key element of our food security.
- Enable a dynamic discussion around the recommendations and actions arising from the conference to further sustainable and safe future for all.